Name: Esther Susin Carrasco
Place of birth: Barcelona
Professional Address: Calle San Quirze No. 55, 2nd Floor Sabadell
Office telephone: 00 34 93 727 20 47
Fax: number: 0034 93 725 50 11
Cell phone: 610 38 41 09
Bar Sabadell, number of license 2.000 (1998)
- Higher education: Bachelor of Law (UNED) in 1995.
- Graduate in Languages: English, French German and Italian (1985).
- Initiation to diplomatic career in 1990, University of Perpignan.
- Community Law 1992 Kings College London. Maastricht Treaty.
- Post Degree at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB): Master in International Family Law during 2009-2011.
- Post Degree at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB) 2011-2012: Master in European Integration. Thesis: The Hague Convention of 1980 articles 13 (a) and 13 (b) in relationship to Article 11 of Regulation (EC) No 2201/2003.
- Continuing education in Family Law at the School of European law in Trier (Germany). Family Law. (2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015).
- Equality training courses at the European Law School of Trier.Ø (2017).
- TRACHILD, Training for legal counsels representing children in criminal civil-law and administrative proceedings before court. General Council of the Spanish Law, Madrid 30 October 2017.
- 1984 – 1997 Interpreter in English, French and German at the Automobile industry and gaming sector.
- 1998 – (self employed) International law firm: E. Susin Gabinet Juridic Internacional. The main focus of the Law Office of E Susin Gabinete Jurídico Internacional is Family law in the domestic and international paramount, as well in the field of Child abduction cases and child support.
- 2001 – Women Advice, working for emprowerment at the Ayuntamiento de Barberá del Vallés, (SIAD).
- 2001 – 2013 Women Advice, working for emporwerment Ayuntamiento de La Llagosta.
- 2001 – 2006 Women Advice, working for emporwerment Palafolls y Malgrat de Mar.
- 2010 – 2013 Women Advice working, for emporwerment Ayuntamiento de Santa Coloma de Gramanet.
- 2012 – INDEPENDENT EXPERT for the European Commission in the field of Justice, liberty and security Citizenship.
- 2016- Associated professor at the Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya on a Post degree in Technology and Engineering Management.
- Member of Dones Juristes
- Member AEAFA (Spanish Association of Family Lawyers)
- Member of SCAF (Catalan Association of Family Lawyers)
- Member of the International Federations of Women of Legal Careers (IFWLC)
- Member of IAFL (International Academy for family lawyers)
- Conference in domestic and gender violence in the Barcelona Bar Association and organized by Dones Juristes (June 2011).
- Conference in family law at the London Bar ( October 2011).
- Conference in Private International Law at the Barcelona Bar (March 2012). Key topic: European Regulation 1259/2010 for divorce and separation.
- Conference at the University Kültür in Istambul. Key topic: “The legal protection of women against violence”. I gave an introduction to the Spanish law “ La ley integral de Violencia de género”.
- FIFCJ Rome conference – Key topic: The empowerment of women today, (october 2013).
- IAMl Budapest Conference Key topic: Child relocation cases according to Spanish law and jurisprudence, (june 2014).
- FIFCJ Paris Conference – Key topic The international legal framework: Women and citizenship, (November 2014).
- Conference at Information and Resource Center for Women. DONA SAPIENS (Granollers- Barcelona). Key Topic: Human Rights and Women, (November 2014).
- IAFL Conference at the Europa House in London the 9th of december 2014 topic: Child relocation Spain – England.
- Conference key topic: Same Sex Partnership Law, The Catalan Law 25/2010, 29th of july. European chapter IAFL at Sevilla in march 2015.
- Terrassa Lawyers Bar (Colegio de Abogados de Terrassa), Regulation 4/2009 and Hague Protocole 2007 (March 2015).
- Conference, at the Court of Justice of Milano (Aula Magna del Tribunal de Apelación), on 30th november 2015. Topic: Le droit d’ailletement et la responsabilité partagé en droit de famille.
- SIAD Barberà del Vallès, Conference: New Changes in Spanish Criminal Law regarding Women Abuse, November 8th 2015 at the Esteve Paluzie Librarie inBarberà del Vallès.
- Conference at the Lawyers Bar in Milano, Key topic: The spanish same sex marriage and parental responsabilities, on 11 december 2015.
- DONES JURISTES, Conference: The interest of the child an overview of the different approaches in common law, January 2016.
- Woman’s Body and Fundamental Rights: New Challenges” organized by IFWLC and The Lawyer Bar in Buenos Aires.Topic: Surrogacy, November 15th, 2016.
- Symposium organized by the IFWLC in the Consejo General de la Abogacia Española in Madrid, 2nd of june 2017. Topic: The right of the children to be heard in proceedings affecting them.
- Conference at the Ordine degli Avvocati di Milano, el 25 de octubre 2017, sobre la Ley 4/2015 de 27 de abril del Estatuto de la víctima del delito, dentro de la conferencia marco sobre L’attuazione efficace dei diritti delle vittime di violenza di genere nel quadro della legislazione europea e italiana. Palazzo Pireli (Milán).
- Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 11th december 2017, conference about, “The right of children to participate in family proceedings” research group (UAB-UNOESC).
- Conference in the III Congres of Human Rights organized by the Consell de l’Advocacia Catalana, 1-2 march, 2018, at the Museu de la Ciència i la Técnica de Catalunya in Terrassa. Topic: The Convention on the children rights focusing in section 3.1 and 12, and further development in other international legal instruments.
- Editorial LEX NOVA 2013 nº 60. Relationship between The Hague Convention 1980 and the Regulation (CE) 2201/2003 in child abduction cases.ç
- Article published at the Article Law Children Journal: butlletí d’Inf@ncia núm. 82 – December de 2014: The right of the Child to express his opinion in family proceedings in the European Unión. The french case.
- Family Law newsletter december 2017, (The global voice of legal profession) Volume 10 number 1, page 27, Shared custody and Child support at the Spanish civil code.
- Law Journal V / LEX, Number 166 March 2018. Article 11 of Regulation (CE) 2201/2003 of the Council, of November 27, 2003, on jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and of parental responsibility.
- Thomson Reuters Family Law Journal (Aranzadi), Number. January 78 – March 2018, p. 357-369, “The Right of the Child to be heard in German Law”.
- International analysis on the right of participation of children and teenagers in family proceedings. Standard clause: Age and capacity. Obstacles to participation. Thomson Reuters. Aranzadi (2018).
- Family Law Update, núm. 11, volumen 1, International Bar Association.
- Article:Modification in Spain of child arrangement orders based on the principle of the child’s best interest, december 2018.